A member of the German Bundestag (federal parliament), Joana Cotar, has expressed her support for making Bitcoin a legal tender in Germany, in an exclusive interview with Cointelegraph. Cotar believes that Bitcoin should be officially recognized as a legal form of payment in the country while ensuring the necessary legal security for companies and citizens.
The Need for Legal Framework
Cotar emphasizes the importance of establishing a legal framework to combat potential risks associated with Bitcoin, such as money laundering, tax evasion, and other illegal activities. However, she also emphasizes the need to avoid stifling innovation and the freedom aspects of Bitcoin.
Educating Colleagues on Bitcoin
In order to raise awareness and promote the benefits of Bitcoin, Cotar has started the "Bitcoin in the Bundestag" initiative. The aim of this initiative is to educate her colleagues in the German parliament about the advantages of Bitcoin so that they can make informed decisions regarding its regulation. Cotar believes that it is essential to protect privacy, ensure security standards, and prevent excessive regulation to maximize the benefits of Bitcoin.
Focusing on Bitcoin
Cotar declares her full focus on Bitcoin and shows no interest in other cryptocurrencies on the market. She believes in establishing a formal Bundestag committee that recognizes the technological differences between Bitcoin and other crypto assets and primarily deals with the importance of Bitcoin for society.
Criticism of the European Central Bank
Cotar is also a vocal critic of the European Central Bank's digital currency plans. In a recent statement, she wore a Bitcoin shirt to express her opposition to the Digital euro, stating that it is unnecessary and only serves the interests of the ECB and politicians with alternative motives.
The Role of Bitcoin in Germany
As the debate over digital currency intensifies in Europe, the role of Bitcoin in Germany remains uncertain. However, Cotar's endorsement adds fuel to the ongoing discussion, drawing more attention to the growing influence of Bitcoin in traditional financial systems and how governments will respond to it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should You Open a Precious Metal IRA?
Answers will depend on whether you have an investment goal or how high you are willing and able to tolerate risk.
If you plan to use the money for retirement, you should open an account now.
This is because precious metals are more likely to appreciate in the future. You also get diversification benefits.
Additionally, silver and Gold prices tends to move together. They make a good choice for both assets and are a better investment.
You shouldn't invest precious metal IRAs if you don't plan on retiring or aren't willing to take risks.
Are gold- and silver-IRAs a good idea.
This is a great option if you're looking for an easy way of investing in both silver and gold simultaneously. However, there are many other options available as well. You can contact us at any time with questions about these types investments. We're always glad to help!
Can I have gold in my IRA.
Yes! You can include gold in your retirement plan. Gold is a great investment as it doesn't lose money over time. It is also resistant to inflation. You don't even have to pay taxes.
Before you invest in gold, make sure to understand its differences from other investments. You cannot purchase shares of gold companies like bonds and stocks. They are also not available for sale.
Instead, convert your precious metals to cash. This means you will need to get rid. You cannot just keep it.
This makes gold different than other investments. You can always sell other investments later. However, gold is different.
The worst part is that you cannot use your gold to secure loans. If you get a mortgage, for example, you might have to give up some of the gold you own in order to pay off the loan.
What does all this mean? Your gold can't be kept forever. You'll eventually need to convert it into cash.
You don't have to worry about this now. You only need to open an IRA account. Then you can invest your money in gold.
What precious metals can you invest in for retirement?
Knowing what you have saved so far and where you plan to save money in the future is the first step towards retirement planning. You can start by making a list of all your assets. You should list all savings accounts, stocks and bonds, mutual funds certificates of deposit (CDs), annuities, life insurance policies, annuities 401(k), real estate investments, and any other assets like precious metals. Then add up all of these items to determine how much you have available for investment.
If you are younger than 59 1/2, you might want to open a Roth IRA account. A Roth IRA is not able to allow contributions to be deducted from your taxable earnings, but a traditional IRA can. However, you won't be able to take tax deductions for future earnings.
You may need additional money if you decide you want more. Start with a regular brokerage.
What is the best way to make money with a gold IRA?
Yes, but not as often as you think. It all depends on how risky you are willing to take. You could have $1 million if you're willing to invest $10,000 each year for 20 years. But if you put all your eggs in one basket, you'll lose everything.
Diversify your investments. Inflation can make gold perform well. It is important to invest in assets that increase with inflation. Stocks can do this well as they rise when profits are increased. Bonds are also able to do this. They pay annual interest. They're great for economic growth.
But what happens if there's no inflation? During deflationary periods, bonds fall in value while stocks fall further. Investors should refrain from putting all their savings into one type of investment such as a mutual fund or bond.
Instead, they should diversify their investments by investing in different types of funds. They could invest in stocks or bonds. They could also invest both in bonds and cash.
This way, they have exposure to both sides of the coin. Inflation and depression. They will still experience a return with time.
- Silver must be 99.9% pure • (forbes.com)
- Depending on your financial situation, most experts recommend you invest no more than 5% to 10% of your retirement funds in precious metals. (forbes.com)
- The IRS also allows American Eagle coins, even though they do not meet gold's 99.5% purity standard. (forbes.com)
- The maximum yearly contribution to an individual's IRAs is currently $6,000 ($7,000 for those 50 years or older), or 100% of earned income, whichever is less. (monex.com)
- Gold IRA, Add Some Sparkle to Your Retirement Nest egg
- Understanding China's Evergrande Crisis – Forbes Advisor
Precious Metals that have been approved by the IRA
IRA-approved valuable metals can be great investments. Many options are available that can diversify your portfolio while protecting against inflation. These include silver coins, gold bars, and silver coins.
Precious Metal Investment Products come in two main formats. Physical assets such as coins and bars are called physical bullion because they can be physically accessed. However, exchange-traded fund (ETFs), which are financial instruments, track the price movement of an underlying assets, such as gold, and can be purchased directly from the company issuing them. ETFs are traded like stocks on stock markets, so investors can purchase shares directly from the company issuing them.
There are many types of precious metals that you can purchase. While gold and silver are used in jewelry making and decoration, platinum and palladium are most commonly associated with luxury products. Palladium holds its value better than that of platinum which makes it ideal to be used in industrial applications. Silver is also useful for industrial purposes, although it is usually preferred for decorative applications.
Physical bullion products tend to be more expensive due to the cost of mining and refining raw materials. These products are generally safer and more secure than paper currencies. Consumers may lose faith in the currency and seek out alternatives if the U.S. dollar falls in purchasing power. Physical bullion products on the other side do not depend upon trust between countries and companies. They are backed instead by central banks or governments, providing customers with peace of mind.
According to supply and demand, gold prices can fluctuate. If demand rises, the price will increase. Conversely, if supply exceeds demands, the price will drop. This dynamic opens up opportunities for investors who want to profit from fluctuations of the price gold. This fluctuation is good news for investors who own physical bullion items as they earn a higher return.
Contrary to traditional investments, precious metals can not be affected by economic recessions and interest rate changes. The price of gold is likely to continue rising as long the demand for it remains strong. Precious metals, which are safe havens for times of uncertainty, are therefore considered to be safe havens.
The most widely used precious metals include:
- Gold – It is the oldest form of precious metallic and is sometimes called “yellow material”. Although gold is a common household name, it is a very rare element found naturally underground. Most of the gold reserves in the world are located in South Africa.
- Silver – Silver is second most valuable precious metal, after gold. Silver is also mined from natural resources, just like gold. However, silver is more commonly extracted from ore than from rock formations. Silver is widely used in both industry and commerce due to its durability, conductivity and resistance against tarnishing. The United States is responsible for 98% worldwide silver production.
- Platinum – The third most precious precious metal is platinum. It can be used for industrial purposes, such as in fuel cells and catalytic converters. In dentistry, platinum is used to make bridges, crowns, and fillings.
- Palladium – Palladium is the fourth most valuable precious metal. Due to its strength and stability, it is quickly gaining popularity among manufacturers. Palladium is also used in electronics, automobiles, aerospace, and military technology.
- Rhodium: Rhodium ranks fifth in the most valuable precious metals. Rhodium is a rare metal, but it is highly sought-after because of its use as a catalyst for automobile engines.
- Ruthenium-Ruthenium is the sixth-most valuable precious metal. Although there is a limited supply of palladium and platinum, ruthenium can be found in abundance. It is used in steel making, aircraft engines, and chemical manufacturing.
- Iridium: Iridium (the seventh most valuable precious metallic) is the seventh. Iridium plays an important role in satellite technology. It is used to construct orbiting satellites that transmit television signals, telephone calls, and other communications.
- Osmium – Osmium is the eighth most valuable precious metal. Osmium's ability to withstand extreme temperatures makes it a common metal in nuclear reactors. It's also used in jewelry, medicine and cutting tools.
- Rhenium – Rhenium has been ranked as the ninth most valuable precious metallic. Rhenium can also be used in rocketry, oil refinement, and semiconductor manufacturing.
- Iodine — Iodine has the highest value of all precious metals. Iodine has been used in radiography, pharmaceuticals, and photography.
Based on [POSTTITLE]