Investors Back Blockchain.com with $110 Million
Blockchain.com, a prominent player in the cryptocurrency industry, has successfully raised $110 million in a Series E funding round, led by Kingsway. This substantial investment comes as a significant boost for Blockchain.com, although its post-valuation remains below half of its estimated value in 2022.
Key Investors Participate in Series E Round
The Series E financing round attracted notable investors, including Coinbase Ventures, Lakestar, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Baillie Gifford. Bloomberg's Olga Kharif reported that many of these investors had previously participated in the Series D round. However, according to a source familiar with the matter, Blockchain.com's current valuation is still less than half of the $14 billion it received in 2022.
A Strong Backing and Strategic Acquisitions
Blockchain.com has garnered support from a total of 32 investors, accumulating $600 million in funding. The company has also made strategic acquisitions over the years, including Zeroblock in 2013, rtbtc.com in 2014, Aix in May 2021, sesocio.com in November 2021, and Altonomy in March 2022.
Furthermore, Blockchain.com has actively invested in various crypto projects, showing its commitment to the industry. The company has supported initiatives such as Zetachain, Arbitrum, Messari, and Gnosis. In October 2022, Blockchain.com introduced a crypto Visa card that offers 1% cashback in crypto rewards. In March 2022, the company made the strategic decision to discontinue its asset management subsidiary in response to market dynamics.
Expanding Global Presence and Partnerships
Blockchain.com has been making significant strides in expanding its global presence and forming partnerships. In August, the company secured a payment license in Singapore, strengthening its position in the Asian market. Additionally, Blockchain.com initiated a multi-year partnership with the Dallas Cowboys and their star quarterback, Dak Prescott, in 2022.
Continued Innovation and Growth
Blockchain.com remains dedicated to innovation and growth. The company recently introduced XRP into its digital wallet, providing users with more options for storing and managing their cryptocurrencies. With its consistent efforts to stay at the forefront of the industry, Blockchain.com continues to attract attention and funding from prominent investors.
Share your thoughts and opinions on Blockchain.com's successful Series E financing round in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I store my gold IRA at home?
Online brokerage accounts are the best way for you to invest your money. You have all the investment options you'd get if you had a traditional broker. However, you don't require any licenses or qualifications. Additionally, investing is free.
Online brokers often offer free tools to help manage your portfolio. To see the performance and trends of your investments, you can download charts from these brokers.
What Should Your IRA Include in Precious Metals?
Investing in precious metals such as gold and silver is the best way to protect yourself from inflation. It's not just for retirement. It can also be used to prepare for economic downturns.
Gold and silver prices have increased significantly over the past few years, but they are still considered safe investments because they don't fluctuate as much as stocks do. These materials are in constant demand.
The prices of gold and silver are generally predictable and stable. They tend to rise during economic growth and drop during recessions. This makes them excellent money-savers, and long-term investment options.
Your total portfolio should be 10 percent in precious metals. If you want to diversify even further your portfolio, that percentage could rise.
Is gold IRAs a good way to invest?
Purchase shares in mining companies to invest in precious metals like gold. These companies can make you money by investing in precious metals and gold.
But, owning shares in direct form has two downsides:
Holding on to your stock for too many years can lead you to losing money. Stocks can fall more than their underlying asset (like, gold) when they decline. That means you could end up losing money instead of making it.
Second, waiting for the market to recover before selling your gold holdings could result in you missing out on potential profits. It is possible to wait until the market recovers before selling your gold.
But if you prefer to keep your investments separate from your finances, you can still benefit from owning physical gold. A gold IRA can help diversify your portfolio and protect against inflation.
Visit our website to learn more about gold investment.
Which is stronger: 14k gold or sterling silver?
Sterling silver, which contains 92% pure sterling silver instead of just 24%, is a stronger metal than gold or silver.
Sterling silver is also known as fine silver because it is made from a mixture of silver and other metals such as copper and zinc.
Gold is generally considered to be very strong. It takes tremendous pressure to split it apart. It would be much easier to break it apart if you dropped an object on top a piece gold.
On the other hand, silver is not nearly as strong as gold. If you dropped an object onto a sheet silver, it would bend and fold with no damage.
Silver is often used to make jewelry and coins. The price of silver can fluctuate according to supply and demande.
- Depending on your financial situation, most experts recommend you invest no more than 5% to 10% of your retirement funds in precious metals. (forbes.com)
- To qualify as IRA allowable precious metals and be accepted by STRATA, the following minimum fineness requirements must be met: Gold must be 99.5% pure, silver must be 99.9% pure, and platinum and palladium must both be 99.95% pure. (stratatrust.com)
- Same tax rules as traditional IRA SEP IRA contributions in 2022 are limited to 25% of compensation or $66,000, whichever is less Before setting up a Silver IRA, understand the fees and IRS restrictions. (sltrib.com)
- You can only purchase gold bars of at least 99.5% purity. (forbes.com)
- Gold IRA: Add some sparkle to your retirement nest egg
- Understanding China's Evergrande Crisis – Forbes Advisor
Precious Metals that have been approved by the IRA
Whether you're looking to save for retirement or invest for your next business venture, IRA-approved precious metals make great investments. Diversifying your portfolio can protect you from inflation with a variety of options, including silver coins and gold bars.
Precious metal investments products can be purchased in two forms. Physical bullion products such as bars and coins are considered physical assets because they exist in tangible form. Exchange-traded funds (ETFs), on the other side, are financial instruments which track the price movements for an underlying asset like gold. ETFs trade like stocks on stock exchanges, which means investors can buy shares of them directly from the company issuing them.
There are many types of precious metals that you can purchase. Silver and gold are commonly used for jewellery making and decoration. However, platinum and palladium tend to be associated with luxury goods. Palladium is more stable than platinum and therefore better suited for industrial purposes. While silver can be used for industrial purposes, it is more commonly preferred for decorative purposes.
Due to the expense of mining and refining natural materials, physical bullion is more expensive. They are safer than paper currencies, and offer buyers greater security. For example, consumers may lose confidence in the currency and look for alternatives when the U.S. dollar loses purchasing power. Physical bullion products, on the other hand, do not depend on trust between companies or countries. They are instead backed by central banks and governments, which gives customers security.
According to supply and demand, gold prices can fluctuate. Demand rises, and the price goes up. On the other hand, supply falls when demand exceeds demand. This dynamic creates opportunities for investors to profit from fluctuations in the price of gold. Physical bullion investors benefit because they have a greater return on their capital.
Contrary to traditional investments, precious metals can not be affected by economic recessions and interest rate changes. As long as demand remains strong, the price of gold will continue to rise. Precious metals, which are safe havens for times of uncertainty, are therefore considered to be safe havens.
These precious metals are the most in demand:
- Gold – Gold is the oldest precious metal. Gold is also called “yellow-metal”. Gold is a household name but it is rare underground element. Most of the world’s remaining gold reserves are found in South Africa.
- Silver – Silver is the second most valuable precious metal after gold. Silver is also mined from natural resources, just like gold. However, silver is more commonly extracted from ore than from rock formations. Silver is widely used in industry and commerce because of its durability, conductivity, malleability, and resistance to tarnishing. Over 98% of global silver production is produced in the United States.
- Platinum – Platinum is the third-most valuable precious metal. It is used in many industries, such as fuel cells, catalytic converters and high-end medical equipment. Dental crowns, bridges, and fillings can also be made from platinum.
- Palladium – Palladium is fourth most valuable precious metal. Its popularity is growing rapidly among manufacturers because of its strength and stability. It is used in electronics and aerospace technology, as well as military technology.
- Rhodium – Rhodium has been ranked fifth among precious metals. Rhodium is an extremely rare metal. However, its use for automotive catalysts makes it highly desirable.
- Ruthenium – Ruthenium is the sixth most valuable precious metal. While there are only limited supplies of platinum and palladium, ruthenium is plentiful. It is used in the manufacture of steel, aircraft engines, as well as chemical manufacturing.
- Iridium – Iridium ranks seventh in the list of most valuable precious metals. Iridium plays an important role in satellite technology. It is used in the construction of orbiting satellites that transmit TV signals and telephone calls.
- Osmium: Osmium is eighth most valuable precious metallic. Osmium's ability to withstand extreme temperatures makes it a common metal in nuclear reactors. Osmium can also be used in jewelry and medicine as well as cutting tools.
- Rhenium: Rhenium ranks as the ninth-most valuable precious metal. Rhenium is used in refining oil and gas, semiconductors, and rocketry.
- Iodine — Iodine has the highest value of all precious metals. Iodine is used in photography, radiography, and pharmaceuticals.
Based on [POSTTITLE]