Gold Alliance Capital is a reputable precious-metals dealer that offers physical gold, silver and platinum as well as investments into self-directed precious metals IRAs. The company was established in 2002 and has been a respected precious metals dealer.
Gold Alliance makes it easy to invest in precious metal IRAs. You can transfer funds from a variety of retirement savings accounts into your self-directed IRA. New investors can open their silver and gold IRAs through Gold Alliance Capital with confidence, as there is no minimum investment.
Are you looking to open an individual retirement (IRA) that invests only in gold and/or silver? Gold Alliance Capital is a well-respected gold IRA company in America.
Opening a precious metals IRA is a good choice if you have specific investment goals. You should, for example, ensure that your savings are secure and that you will be able to trade precious metals you have acquired from the company when it is time to retire.
Learn About Gold's team discusses whether Gold Alliance is the right investment company for you in this review of Gold Alliance.
Histories and background of Gold Alliance Capital
Gold Alliance Capital was founded in 2002 by a group of experienced precious metals advisors and gold IRA advisers. The company's headquarters is located in Reno, Nevada. Joseph Sherman is the Gold Alliance CEO. He has a law degree from Tel Aviv University and over 20 years of experience providing financial services.
The company's goal is to assist investors in adding gold and silver bars and coins to their investment accounts, and to take advantage of tax benefits. The dealer claims that it is committed to helping Americans attain financial security by providing precious metals protection beyond the reach of Wall Street and banks.
Investors who wish to open a self directed IRA (SDIRA), and have gold and other precious metals for retirement should get the following information from Gold Alliance Capital.
- Access to the senior portfolio team, a dedicated account executive and experts in gold IRAs
- Lifetime client support that includes storage and distributions of precious metals IRAs
Is it safe to invest in the Gold Alliance?
According to independent consumer sites, Gold Alliance products seem generally safe when you look at the information. Gold Alliance currently has 13 5-star reviews on Business Consumer Alliance. There are no complaints about refunds, adjustments or unanswered questions.
Gold Alliance has a AAA rating with Business Consumer Alliance. This rating takes into account a number of factors such as the company's history, its length of existence, and its complaints history.
This high rating indicates that Gold Alliance has met all licensing requirements and has not been subject to regulatory actions.
Gold Alliance IRA
Before we discuss the Gold Alliance offers it may be useful to explain the differences between self-directed IRAs and regular IRAs (SDIRAs) before we get into the details.
Both regular IRAs as well as SDIRAs can be accessed in the same way. You can only invest in traditional securities with a regular IRA. This includes equities and bonds as well as mutual funds and exchange-traded funds.
However, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), regulations allow SDIRA holders to include alternative investments in an investment portfolio. This includes physical assets such as precious metals.
Both the terms "precious metals IRA” and "gold IRA", refer to a type SDIRA that holds precious metal assets. These assets could include physical gold bullion bars and coins as well as securities such shares in gold mining corporations.
Gold Alliance specializes providing investors with a process to set up precious metal IRAs that allow them to add physical gold or silver to their retirement accounts. Gold Alliance Capital can help you purchase precious metals that you wish to add to your retirement accounts after you have opened your gold IRA.
IRS Regulations: Storage and Custodians
According to IRS regulations, retirement accounts must be held by trusts or custodians. These custodians for regular IRAs are usually banks or brokerage firms. An SDIRA can be held by a nonbank custodian if they comply with IRS regulations.
An SDIRA custodian, a financial service provider, executes all investment decisions made within your SDIRA. The custodian ensures compliance with IRS regulations for your gold IRA.
Currently, Gold Alliance Capital is working with the following IRS-approved IRA custodians
- GoldStar Trust Company
- Preferred Trust Company
- Equity Trust Company
The Gold Alliance team coordinates the operations of the depository. This IRS-approved facility holds precious metals as part of your gold IRA.
The Delaware Depository is Wilmington's designated facility to store precious metals. The Delaware Depository is a depository that has been approved by the IRS. It boasts 72,000 square feet of storage space and Class 3 vaults. The Delaware Depository also offers a comprehensive insurance policy from Lloyds of London. This is one of the oldest and most well-known of all insurance companies.
How to open a Gold IRA.
Gold Alliance Capital is different from traditional investment companies. Conventional companies allow you to invest only in securities. A Gold Alliance IRA allows you to invest exclusively in precious metals. Gold Alliance partners with top custodians to ensure tax compliance and reporting.
Follow the three-step Gold Alliance process to buy precious metals and add them to your gold IRA.
- Register for an IRA: First, contact a representative of Gold Alliance and tell them that you are interested in opening an IRA with precious metals.
A representative will send you a request. Within 24 hours of receiving your application, the representative will open your new IRA account. An email will be sent to you with information on how to open an online account. This allows you track the performance of your retirement account.
- Fund your IRA: Next, fund your new SDIRA using a regular IRA rollover or 401(k). Transfer funds from any retirement account are also possible. This process can take up to five business days.
- You can purchase gold and other investment metals using your IRA funds. You need to be aware of the current market price for precious metals as it changes daily. You can speak with the Gold Alliance precious metals dealer for help so that you don't lose any money.
Products of Gold Alliance
Opening a retirement savings account at Gold Alliance Capital is exciting because you can own gold. Gold Alliance Capital is a precious metals dealer and offers a large selection of investment metals to gold IRAs. This includes premium gold coins as well as gold bars. You can filter your search by type of metal: palladium or platinum, gold, and silver.
The silver category includes 90% of the silver coins such as the Silver Kennedy Half Dollar or the Silver Mercury Dime. You can also search for:
- Common Bullion
- Limited Quantity
Remember that precious metals can only be purchased as part of retirement investments.
- Gold with 99.5% purity
- Silver with 99.9% purity
- Platinum and palladium have a purity of 99.95%
These precious metals are included in the Gold Alliance "IRA eligible" category. This means that the company's limited mintage or collectible coins and bars might not be approved by the IRA. These products can be found by checking the "IRA-Eligible” box.
Gold Alliance Capital does not list prices for precious metals on its website. To find out the current market value of a piece, you will need to contact the company.
What are your rollover options for the Gold Alliance?
As we mentioned, a rollover is the funding option for gold IRAs. You can fund your new Gold Alliance IRA using retirement plans or accounts such as:
- Traditional IRA
- Roth IRA
- SEP IRA
- SIMPLE IRA
- Pension plans
- Thrift Savings Accounts
You must comply with IRS regulations when you rollover your IRA. You must complete the rollover within 60 days if you are under 59 1/2 years old. If you do not complete the rollover within this time, you will be subject to income tax on the amount withheld and a 10% penalty for early withdrawal.
Letting Gold Alliance and one of its custodians do an institution-to-institution transfer mitigates this risk, as the funds are never under your control.
Gold Alliance Costs
Two fee categories must be considered before you open an SDIRA with Gold Alliance Capital.
Annual Account Fees
Account holders of Gold Alliance are charged a $180 yearly fee. This fee covers account maintenance, storage fees and online access to account information. It also includes financial statements each quarter.
Third-party reviews have mentioned that Gold Alliance offers free storage as well as free silver purchases with precious metals. We couldn't confirm that such offers existed.
The Price of Precious Metals
Prices of silver and gold are subject to constant fluctuation, so Gold Alliance does not list prices for precious metals on its website. Gold Alliance will ship your physical metals to an approved depository once you have made a purchase. You can take these items into your own hands if you do not wish to include precious metals in your IRA.
Gold Alliance Buyback Program
You will need to liquidate precious metal investments and then withdraw the profits when you retire. If you're not a dealer, liquidating precious metal assets can be difficult.
Gold Alliance offers a buyback option, where the company will purchase the metals from your when you are in need of retirement funds. The company will inspect any metals purchased from a competitor to Gold Alliance before they make you an offer.
What is the minimum investment?
Gold Alliance charges a minimum $75 account maintenance fee depending on which custodian you choose. There is no minimum investment required for precious metal purchases. Investors can now buy precious metals without requiring minimum investment. This makes it easier to include these assets in retirement funds.
The Charity Program of the Company
The company donates a portion of its annual net profit under the Gold Alliance charity program to support veterans in the United States.
Which Organizations do They Support?
These are the organizations that Gold Alliance supports:
- Wounded Warriors Family Support
- National Veterans Foundation
- Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation
Is there any customer complaint?
There are currently only four customer complaints posted on the Better Business Bureau site. The complaints were resolved by Gold Alliance, and the BBB was closed.
Four complaints, given the number of IRA owners the company serves are not significant and don't necessarily indicate problems with the company’s reliability, integrity or service quality.
Contact Support To Reach The Gold Alliance
The Gold Alliance support team can be reached by visiting the company's website and filling out the online contact form. To learn more about the Gold Alliance's gold IRAs, or to request an application form, you can call (888) 734-7533.
Review of Gold Alliance: Is Gold Alliance the IRA Company For You?
Since ancient times, gold has been an investment metal. Its value is likely to remain steady for many centuries. Because of its relationship to the United States Dollar, the gold price is an inflation hedge and can protect your retirement account's value during economic turmoil.
These reviews will help you make an informed decision on whether Gold Alliance is the right precious metals broker for you. An SDIRA with Gold Alliance can help you secure your financial future.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much should precious metals make up your portfolio?
Physical gold is the best investment to protect yourself against inflation. This is because you not only get the current price but also the future value when you invest precious metals. So as prices rise, so does the value of your investment.
You will be eligible for tax benefits if you keep your investments in place for at least five consecutive years. If you decide to sell your investments after that period, you will be subject to capital gains tax. Learn more about how you can buy gold coins on our website.
Can you keep precious metals inside an IRA
The answer depends on whether or not the IRA owner is looking to diversify his holdings in gold and silver, or to keep them for safekeeping.
He can choose to diversify if he so desires. He could either purchase physical bars or silver from a seller, or return these items to the dealer at end of the year. However, suppose he isn't interested in selling back his precious metal investments. He could keep the precious metals as long as he wants to.
How to Open a Precious Metal IRA
You can open an IRA in precious metals by opening a Roth Individual Retirement Account (IRA), which you can self-direct.
This account is more advantageous than other types of IRAs, because you don’t have to pay taxes on any interest earned from your investments until they are withdrawn.
This makes it appealing to those who want to both save money and get a tax cut.
You do not have to only invest in gold and silver. You can invest anywhere you wish, as long as it is within the IRS guidelines.
Although most people think of gold and silver when they hear the term “precious metal,” there are many kinds of precious metals.
There are many examples: palladium; platinum; rhodium; osmium; iridium; ruthenium.
There are many ways that you can invest precious metals. Two of the most popular ways to invest in precious metals are buying bullion coin and bar coins, and also purchasing shares in mining corporations.
Bullion Coins or Bars
The easiest way to invest in precious materials is to buy bullion coins or bars. Bullion can be used to refer to the physical ounces or gold or silver.
You get actual bullion bars and coins when you purchase bullion coins.
While you may not immediately see any change after buying bullion coins and bars in a store, there will be some long-term benefits.
For example, you'll get a piece of history in a tangible form. Each coin and bar is unique.
You'll often find that the face value of a coin is far lower than its nominal value. For example, in 1986 the American Eagle Silver Coin sold for $1.00 an ounce. Today, however the American Eagle's silver coin is worth closer to $40.00 an ounce.
Since the value of bullion has increased dramatically since its introduction, many investors prefer buying bullion coins and bullion bars rather than futures contracts.
Investing in shares of mining companies is another great option for those looking to buy precious metals. You're investing in the company’s ability to produce precious metals.
You will get dividends based off the company's profits in return. These dividends can then be used to pay out shareholders.
The company's growth potential will also be of benefit to you. The demand for the product will also cause an increase in share prices.
It is crucial to diversify your portfolio because these stocks are subject to price fluctuations. This involves spreading your risk over multiple companies.
However, it's also important to remember that mining companies aren't immune to financial loss, just like any stock market investment.
If gold prices drop significantly, your share of ownership could be worthless.
The Bottom Line
Precious metals such silver and gold provide an economic refuge from uncertainty.
But, silver and gold can be subject to price swings. If you're looking to make a long-term, profitable investment in precious metallics, then consider opening a precious precious metals IRA Account with a reputable business.
You can enjoy tax benefits while still owning tangible assets.
Which is stronger: 14k gold or sterling silver?
Although gold and silver can be strong metals, sterling silver is far less expensive as it contains 92% silver instead of 24%.
Sterling silver is sometimes called fine silver. This is because it is made with a mix of silver and different metals like copper or zinc.
Gold is usually considered to be extremely strong. It takes great pressure to break it apart. It would be much easier to break it apart if you dropped an object on top a piece gold.
But silver isn’t nearly as sturdy as gold. If you dropped an item onto silver sheets, it would likely fold and bend without cracking.
Silver is usually used in jewelry and coins. Because of this, silver's value is subject to fluctuations based upon supply and demand.
- The IRS also allows American Eagle coins, even though they do not meet gold's 99.5% purity standard. (forbes.com)
- Same tax rules as traditional IRA SEP IRA contributions in 2022 are limited to 25% of compensation or $66,000, whichever is less Before setting up a Silver IRA, understand the fees and IRS restrictions. (sltrib.com)
- You can only purchase gold bars of at least 99.5% purity. (forbes.com)
- To qualify as IRA allowable precious metals and be accepted by STRATA, the following minimum fineness requirements must be met: Gold must be 99.5% pure, silver must be 99.9% pure, and platinum and palladium must both be 99.95% pure. (stratatrust.com)
- Gold IRA: Add Some Sparkle To Your Retirement Nest Egg
- Understanding China's Evergrande Crisis – Forbes Advisor
How to start buying silver with your IRA
How to start buying Silver with Your IRA – The best method to invest directly in silver or gold is through the direct ownership of physical bullion. The most popular investment form is silver bars and coins. This is because it offers diversification and liquidity.
There are several options to purchase precious metals, like gold or silver. You can purchase them directly through their producers, which include mining companies or refiners. Or, if you don't want to deal with the hassle of dealing directly with a producer, you can buy them from a dealer who buys and sells bullion products.
This article will help you to start investing silver with your IRA.
- Investing in Gold & Silver through Direct Ownership – The best way to purchase precious metals is to directly go to the source. This means that you can get the bullion straight from the source, and it will be delivered directly to your front door. Some investors decide to keep their bullion at their home while others prefer to store it in an insured storage facility. You should ensure that your precious metal is properly stored when you are preserving it. Most storage facilities offer insurance coverage that protects against theft, fire, or damage. You could lose your investments due either to natural disasters, human error, or even insurance. The safe storage of precious metals at a bank or credit card union is always recommended.
- Online Precious Metals Purchase – You can buy bullion online if you want to avoid having precious metals in heavy boxes. Bullion dealers sell bullion online in many forms, including coins or bars. Coins are available in a variety of sizes, shapes, designs, and colors. Coins are usually easier to carry than bars, and they tend to be less expensive. There are many different sizes and weights available for bars. Some bars can weigh hundreds of grams, while others are only a few ounces. A good rule of thumb when selecting which type of bar you should get is to look at what you plan to use it for. You might consider a smaller bar if you intend to give it as a gift. On the other hand, if you want to add it to your collection and display it proudly, you might want to spend a little extra money and get something larger.
- Buy Precious Metals from Dealers – Another option is to purchase bullion directly from a dealer. Most dealers only specialize in one type of market, either silver or gold. Some dealers specialize only in bullion of certain types, such as rounds or minted coin. Others are specialists in specific regions. Others are specialists in bulk purchases. No matter what dealer you choose you will find that they offer great prices and flexible payment options.
- Purchase Precious Metals via Retirement Accounts – Although this is technically not an investment, it can be used as a way to increase exposure to precious materials. To qualify for tax benefits under Section 219 of the IRS Code, you must invest in precious metals through a qualified retirement account. These include IRAs as well 403(b), 401(k), and 403 (b) plans. These accounts are designed to help you save for retirement and often provide higher returns than other investment vehicles. You can also diversify your holdings by opening these accounts. The downside? The drawback? Only people who work for employers that sponsor them can invest in these accounts.
By: Learn About Gold
Title: Gold Alliance Capital IRA Review: Services, Products, & Costs
Sourced From: learnaboutgold.com/review/gold-alliance-capital-ira-review/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=gold-alliance-capital-ira-review
Published Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 16:23:31 +0000