Trezor Discovers Breach in Support Ticketing System
In a recent security alert, Trezor, the company behind the popular cryptocurrency hardware wallet, announced that it had identified unauthorized access to its third-party support ticketing portal. This breach potentially compromised the personal contact information of over 66,000 customers. The incident has raised concerns about the risk of phishing attacks targeting Trezor users.
Immediate Action Taken to Prevent Further Unauthorized Access
Upon detecting the breach at 20:20 CET, Satoshilabs, the creator of Trezor, took immediate action to prevent any further unauthorized access. While the security of users' digital assets remains intact, there is a possibility that customers' names and email addresses may have been exposed since December 2021.
Risk of Phishing Attacks and Contact Attempts
Trezor has reached out to all potentially affected users to warn them about the increased risk of phishing attacks. Although no recovery seed phrases have been disclosed, the company has reported that 41 users were directly contacted by the malicious actor through email, requesting sensitive information.
Additional Users Potentially Affected
After conducting an internal audit, Trezor discovered that in addition to the 66,000 potentially exposed users, eight individuals who created accounts on their trial discussion platform might also have their contact details compromised.
Importance of Vigilance and Cybersecurity Best Practices
In light of this incident, Trezor emphasizes the importance of vigilance and following cybersecurity best practices. The company assures its customers that their hardware wallets and funds remain secure. Trezor also reiterates that they will never ask for recovery seeds through any communication channels.
Precautions and Support
As a precautionary measure, Trezor advises all users to exercise caution when receiving unusual or suspicious contact attempts. It is crucial to verify the legitimacy of any communication claiming to be from Trezor Support.
The investigation into the full scope of the data breach is still ongoing. Trezor is working closely with the third-party service provider to resolve the issue. Affected users are encouraged to reach out to Trezor's support team if they have any concerns or need to report suspicious activity.
Your Opinion Matters
What are your thoughts on this security breach? Do you consider it to be a major or minor incident? We invite you to share your thoughts and opinions about this subject in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are gold and silver IRAs a good idea?
This is a great option if you're looking for an easy way of investing in both silver and gold simultaneously. There are many other options. Contact us anytime if you have questions about these types investment options. We're always glad to help!
Can I invest in gold?
Yes! You can add gold into your retirement plan. Because gold doesn't lose its value over time, it is an excellent investment. It is also immune to inflation. And you don't have to pay taxes on it either.
It's important to understand the differences between gold and other investments before investing in it. Unlike stocks or bonds, you can't buy shares of gold companies. They can't be sold.
Instead, convert your precious metals to cash. This means that it will be necessary to dispose of the gold. It is not possible to keep it.
This makes gold an attractive investment. You can always sell other investments later. However, gold is different.
Even worse, gold cannot be used to secure loans. To cover a mortgage, you may need to give up some gold.
What does this translate to? You can't keep your gold indefinitely. It will eventually have to be converted into cash.
You don't need to worry. You only need to open an IRA account. You can then invest in gold.
What type of IRA is best?
It is crucial to find the right IRA for your needs. It is important to consider whether you want tax-deferred, maximized growth of your contributions, reduced taxes now and paid penalties later, or just avoid taxes.
If you have little money to invest, the Roth option might make sense. The Roth option is also a smart choice if you work beyond the age of 59 1/2 and plan to pay income tax on any withdrawals.
The traditional IRA is better if you want to retire earlier because you will likely owe tax on your earnings. The Roth IRA could be more beneficial if you intend to continue working after age 65. This allows you the freedom to withdraw some, or all, of your earnings.
- SEP-IRA”Simplified employee pension” For self-employed people like independent contractors, freelancers, and small-business ownersSame tax rules as traditional IRASEP IRA contributions in 2022 are limited to 25% of compensation or $66,000, whichever is less4. (sltrib.com)
- To qualify as IRA allowable precious metals and be accepted by STRATA, the following minimum fineness requirements must be met: Gold must be 99.5% pure, silver must be 99.9% pure, and platinum and palladium must both be 99.95% pure. (stratatrust.com)
- Silver must be 99.9% pure • (forbes.com)
- You can only purchase gold bars of at least 99.5% purity. (forbes.com)
How to get started buying silver with an IRA
How to start buying silver with your IRA – The best way to invest in gold and silver is through direct ownership of physical bullion. Silver coins and bars are the most popular form of investment because they offer diversification, liquidity, and convenience.However, many prefer owning physical bullion over paper certificates or electronic currency.
There are many options available if you wish to purchase precious metals such as gold and silver. You can buy them directly from their producers such as refiners and mining companies. You can buy them directly from the producer or a dealer who purchases and sells bullion.
This article will discuss how to start investing in silver with your IRA.
- Investing Directly in Gold & Silver – This is the first way to get precious metals directly from their source. This involves getting the bullion and having it delivered to your doorstep. Some investors decide to keep their bullion at their home while others prefer to store it in an insured storage facility. Protect your precious metal by storing it correctly. Most storage facilities offer insurance coverage that protects against theft, fire, or damage. But, even with insurance, you can lose your investments because of natural disasters and human error. The safe storage of precious metals at a bank or credit card union is always recommended.
- Online Precious Metals Buying – If you prefer not to transport heavy boxes of precious metal around, then buying bullion online is an option. Bullion dealers offer bullion in a variety of forms, including bars and coins. You can find coins in many sizes, shapes, or designs. Coins are generally lighter than bars and easier to transport. There are many different sizes and weights available for bars. Bars come in a variety of sizes and weights. Some bars weigh hundreds while others weigh just a few pounds. The best rule of thumb for choosing the right type of bar is to consider your intended use. If you plan on giving it as gifts, you might choose something smaller. If you are looking to add it as a gift, or to proudly display it, you may want to spend a bit more and buy something larger.
- Precious Metals From Dealers – A third option to buying bullion is from a dealer. Dealers usually specialize in one market area, such as silver or gold. Some dealers specialize in particular types of bullion like rounds or minted currency. Others are specialists in specific regions. Others are specialists in bulk purchases. No matter what dealer you choose you will find that they offer great prices and flexible payment options.
- Buy Precious Metals Through Retirement Accounts. Although it is not considered an “investment”, investing in retirement accounts can provide exposure to precious metals. You must make investments in precious metals via a qualified retirement account to be eligible for Section 219 tax benefits. These accounts include IRAs and 401(k), as well as 403(b), plans. These accounts can offer better returns than other investment options because they are specifically designed to help you save money for retirement. Most accounts allow you the ability to diversify between different metals. What is the drawback? You can't invest in retirement accounts. These accounts can only, however, be accessed by those who work for an employer that sponsors them.
Based on [POSTTITLE]